Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

The BIG '1'

Man, where to start!? Cyd's birthday was so much fun! It was so good to see everyone who made the journey! We surely are very blessed with AMAZING friends and family! Thank you all so much for ringing in Cydni's first year with us! It's truly been an amazingly, fun time! We appreciate you!

We had a PINK party for her! Guests played along and wore pink. Everyone got to take 1 pink rose home (obviously, significant to her 1st b-day). We had pink cupcakes with pink polka-dots on them that matched her pink polka-dotted invites... Pink table covers, plates and utensils! Pink balloons and I think that's it! ;-) I'm just taking a leap out there and assuming that my child is going to love pink... I figured we're going to have so many darned character parties down the road, I thought I'd keep it simple and stick with shades of pink... I sure did have a lot of fun with it! Is the first birthday party really for the child or the parents!?

Anyways, here's what you all are waiting for... Pictures!

Daddy made us pancakes that morning!


My get-up! All the pretty roses!


Loving the icing! Not the cake. Thank you all for the gifts! Cyd is so blessed spoiled!
There are so many more pictures, but I'll just leave you with that! Thank you to all who helped prepare and clean-up! Love you!!!

1 comment:

mamalouise said...

I LOVE the pink party and I am so glad it went so well! The flowers as a "favor" was too sweet and so cute! :) I hope the fondant was okay to work with! The cupcakes looked adorable! Happy 1st Birthday Cydni! Here is to many more happy and healthy years!!