Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Parenting - I've learned

to NEVER assume and expect things are going to go a certain way, because they're not and that's OK... We adjust and we make what works for us...and that's all that matters.

to NEVER analyze or judge someone's way of parenting, b/c who are we to do that!? We don't know what's going on or what makes thier family dynamics work.... To each thier own.

to enjoy the alone time with your little one... even if it is in the middle of the night. It goes by too fast.

to stop reading so many books! Give it time and you'll know what to do by what your babe is doing! Just takes a little trial and error.

Those are just a few! What have YOU learned!?

I'm trying to keep my posts short, since my previous post have been so daggon long!

Happy Friday!

3 comments:

mamalouise said...

I've learned that you can read another mom's blog and literally feel like they are reading your mind (and that you would be instant friends if you met in "real life" HA!) :) Seriously...love everything you said! Although...enjoying the "alone time" in the middle of the night was hard on me I will admit! The reading of the book thing...word sister, word! I know those people got published for a reason but they do.not.know.everything.about.my.child! :) And for whatever reason I read those books as the author is being somewhat condescending as he/she is writing...maybe?? :)

deyoungsters said...

thank you! we love our little snuggle bug!
Cydni is just precious.... I can't believe she is already a year old!

Brooke said...

You make me cry every time I visit your site. Sometimes it is because I am getting a dose of reality, sometimes because I know your are so happy, well... and others because I am pregnant : ) Love you and keep those moments safe!