Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Getting to know Miss Amelia

I'm not gonna lie, today was a tough day for me... I started reading a book. about parenting.routines.feeding.etc.etc. You get the picture. Bad mistake, b/c it made me feel like I was already off to a bad start! Which, in turn, lead to a little breakdown, but crisis averted after talking with Kasie! Thanks again!!! We've been doing awesome otherwise and I'm putting that book up until a later date! ;-)

Now, onto a bigger, better subject! One of my sweet girls!

I'm two weeks old today!
I eat every 2 1/2 - 3 hours. And am nursing like a champ. However, momma gets frustrated, b/c I keep falling asleep. On that note, I sleep pretty darn good in between eating, but don't make me wait too long, b/c I've got a TEMPER when I'm hungry! Just like my momma.
I've got my mom's lips, nose and ears and I have my dad's big feet, long fingers and nail beds (I would've never picked that up if it wasn't for Michelle ;-))
I went to the doctor for a weight check on Monday... Weighed 7 lbs 9 oz at birth, went home at 7 lbs, first week weight check was 7 lbs 7 oz AND second week check was 8 lbs 8 ozs!!! That's over a pound in a week!
My hair is getting lighter and my eyelashes longer!


I love my big sissy and am looking more and more like her with each passing day.

I lost my umbilical cord yesterday! And, it's going to be an 'outie'!

And, got my first bath today... I.hated.it!
And, apparently, I stick my tongue out at people when I sleep.

Oh, and, I love New York! This is for you Carolyn (if you read this) and Chad & Jen! Thanks!

Well, that's all I've got for you tonight. Much love!

3 comments:

Arlene said...

Love your little munchkins! It's great to hear that Amelia is coming along fine. Give her and Cyd a big hug and kiss for me! And keep those books on the shelf for now! Otherwise you will drive yourself nuts! You're doing good!

katy said...

Put those books away until she is at least 2-3 months! Just remember that habits at this age are super easy to break! I am going to be reminding myself that the next time around (which is not soon... just to avoid that question). :)

Arlene said...

So Katy, when do you think Kendra will have a little sis or bro? ;)!