Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

John 3:16-17

16"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.





*************************************************

These are just raw thoughts coming from me... not completely thought out...very random, but just needed to share so I have some accountability of sorts....



This morning on the way to work, I came to the realization of how selfish I've been lately....err, I guess how I've always been... I'm always thinking, how is this going to affect me? Cydni? my day? my schedule? and I've just been completely appalled (sp?) with myself thinking about it. I want to turn over a new leaf & live a life that is giving & helping of others. like Jesus. It's in our nature to be selfish and I know this new task is going to be difficult, b/c I've been so completely absorbed in my life, but with Jesus' story of his crucifixion, burial & resurrection being told by hundreds & thousands of churches around the world, it's finally hitting me that it's not about me . It's about Him. I knew this, but wasn't quite ready to give up my hold on "my agenda"..... We should be praising & glorifying Him. In all things and circumstances. We should be serving & loving each other...not condemning each other, not judging each other... you get my drift. God gave his son... for us... for the forgiveness of our sins.. Could you imagine His despair? He made this HUGE sacrifice...why can't I just let go??? of my control, of my wants, desires, anger, of anything!? Ugh! I stuggle with this so much!




So, in this Easter season, if you so dare, give thanks to our Almighty & Powerful God, who made the ultimate sacrifice for you, for us... and praise Him for His son's resurrection! Jesus is here, with us, in each of our spirits. in the homeless man on the road, in the guy/gal in the car driving super slow, in the angry co-worker, in your daughter, son, father, husband, wife, g-ma, g-pa...in everyone... Just know, that he's here, somewhere, always with us, every step of the way. You just have to love Him & accept Him into your life. It doesn't matter what anyone says or does... All that matters is your relationship with Him.


Thank you Lord, for your never-ending love, your understanding, your sacrifice for us who keep sinning! You are a forgiving Savior!

2 comments:

mamalouise said...

This post was awesome! I love it! Funny that last night when I got up to pee in the middle of the night the verse "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the father but by me" kept ringing in my head...I don't know why and am still trying to figure it out. All I can say is that God is with us and maybe he was trying to remind me?? Hope your Easter is great!

Brooke said...

Thanks Andrea! I struggle with this too (I know you know as we talk often about it) I pray this weekend brings faith to many listening at those Easter services but I always need to remind myself what this holiday is all about... Happy Easter!