Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Dear Cydni:


I don't know where to start with you, my little darling! You are such an amazing little girl and have brought so much joy to my life in the short 20 months that you've been here! Our family dynamic is about to change drastically and the part that has been the hardest on your momma is how all of this is going to affect you! I pray that you know my love for you will never change. Even though you're going to be a big sister, you're ALWAYS going to be my baby! These last few days, we've really been able to spend alot of one-on-one time together (without the thoughts mommy has of what she has to do when you go to sleep! ;-)) and I hope you're loving it as much as I have been! Leaving you for three days is like a dagger in my heart, but I know you're going to do amazingly for everyone who's going to be watching you! This makes me cry already, but I can't wait to see your little body running up to my hospital bed, saying "MOMMY!" and me squeezing you as tight as I can and smelling your sweet 'smell'. I'm going to miss you so much. I've never left you for this long! Shoot, I think I've only left you overnight once! I think I may have some issues! ;-) You're probably going to LOVE this time AWAY from me! ;-) i.hope.not...

So, as I'm sitting here being sappy, I just wanted to make sure you knew, that yes, mommy & daddy are ROCKING your perfect little world and you may be very upset with us, but we LOVE you more than you know and we're 'hoping' that you and your baby sister will be the best of friends and partners in crime throughout your life-time! I can't wait to see how you react with her! I have a sneaky suspicion (or a longing desire) that you're going to be a mother-hen and want to help me with everything... I'm perfectly fine with that and would love that more than you know, but if I'm wrong, that's ok too. We'll all adjust and find what makes our family tick.

So, here's to our last week together as a family of three. IT'S.ALL.ABOUT.YOU. ;-)
On a side note: I have to document what I woke up to Wednesday morning... You drawing on your bed rails with your POOP! Yes, poop. Pretty disgusting, pretty funny.... just don't do it again...please!? ;-)

Love you to pieces,

Momma

1 comment:

katy said...

YUCK! That is one thing Kendra has not done! Although, she has completely removed her diaper and was waving it at me when I came to get her while sitting in a big wet spot on her sheets.

Sweet little Cyd, I think that she will do better than you suspect! Pretty soon, she will not even remember life any other way than having a little sister. :)