Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Mimi's 1st Birthday Party!

WARNING: Massive Picture Overload!


Ok, so I'm going to try to let the pictures do most of the talking, but that's hard for me, b/c I always feel like I need to explain my thought process or what was going on.. Sorry! ;-)

So, I'm going to start with Wednesday, her actual birthday. Just because...

Happy Birthday, Mimi!

She loves muffins, so that's what I made for her. She didn't get cake until her party. Is that wrong? ;-)
Stuffing her face. Put the whole thing in her mouth (it's a mini-muffin)!

We turned the carseat around on Friday! W.E.I.R.D.!

So, here's where most of the explaining will be... Her party was 'rainbow' themed. So, I had blue table covers (for the sky) and white utensils (for clouds). I had rainbow colored candies on all the side tables.

I obviously had multi-colored balloons on each table tied to a picture of Amelia. They ranged from 3 days to 3 weeks to 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and 12 months. I also had skittles along the center of the table (for 'taste the rainbow'). Are those commercials still on?

I had left-over tulle, that I just couldn't throw away, so I stole Emily's ~of Living our own Fairytale on my blog roll~ idea and made a little wreath. Thanks Emily! ;-)

There wasn't much rainbow decor out there that didn't look cheap, so I came up with this idea. I taped together poster board, outlined a rainbow, poked holes, cut wrapping tissue paper into squares and stuck them into the holes. AND WALA! What the heck am I going to do with this now!? ;-) haha. I had a 'pot of gold' with Hershey Treasures in it and a scrapbook of some of Mimi's 'firsts'. Plus, on our invites it said 'There's nothing but sweetness at the end of our rainbow'... which, by the way, is Amelia... not the candy. ; -)

Matt's mom made a Texas sheet cake and decorated it. She did such a good job!
Thanks, Debbie!

Now, onto the PARTY GIRL!
I made her tutu, bow & shirt. The leggings & shoes were Cyd's.

Big Sister had a BALL! I pretty much let her eat as much candy & cake as she wanted. She didn't take a nap that day and wouldn't eat supper, so we're still paying for that today! ;-) She was way too busy running around playing with all of her cousins! I would post pictures of all the guests, but I think I have enough pictures the way it is in this post! ;-) Sorry! ;-)
Our happy little family.

Happy Birthday, Mimi!
Do you spy that little luggage set back there!? We LOVE it! My sister, Michelle, finds some good gifts! ;-) Thank you!
Loved the cake! For a little bit atleast. She was over being in her high-chair.

She was sweet and let 'sis' eat some of her cake. Cyd said, "I'm so proud of you Mom for letting me eat some cake!" ahahaha! I think I may deprive her too much of sweets.... However, you would too if you knew what she ate...or I guess I should say, doesn't eat...

We had a little wardrobe change after cake. Don't you just LOVE her jeggings!?
The gift of the day. A mini baby doll. She LOVES it!
So, that was our big day! I'll spare you with anymore pictures, b/c I have a TON of them and could keep on going forever! But, I had to stop somewhere! ;-)
To the family members who read my blog: THANK YOU sosossoso much for making Mimi's day great! I know she won't remember it, but we will and we have enough pictures for when she is older and is looking at them, she will have felt like she was there! ;-) We love you!
Happy Monday! Have a great week!

2 comments:

The Utley Crew said...

Soooo cute!!! And, does she have on skinny jeans or are those jeggings!? ha! Either way, she rocks it! :) Glad she had a nice birthday! Both of your girls are so precious!

Andrea said...

Those are in fact, jeggings! Love them! They are perfect for our chunker! She can't wear 12 month jeans, b/c of her thunder thighs and 18 month ones are quite long, so the jeggings work like a charm! ;-)