Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

We did it!

I guess this is going to be a tradition if we keep having our girls so close together! (Tiff and I took Evie & Cyd to get their ears pierced together too... can you believe that's been almost two years ago! Sheesh! Where is the time going!?)
Poor girls. They don't know what's coming!

She's looking pretty shaggy here, but you get the picture.

Tada!
I didn't get an after picture of Faith, b/c I was all about moving on and getting away from the Piercing Pagoda! ;-) haaha
So, I'll spare you most of the details. It wasn't that much easier for me the second time around... I did have fewer tears with Mimi, just because it was my second time around, but the anxiousness was still at an all-time high. You ask, then why do you do it? Well, because, with Cyd, she took her nap and I've only seen her touch them maybe twice in the two years they've been pierced. I've heard that if you wait until they are older, they are more aware of them and they will play with them more with their grubby little hands, resulting in infections... So, I figure, get it over with now, b/c I know I want her to have earrings! I think my first memory as a child was getting my ears pierced and I wasn't a happy camper. This way, she won't remember it! ;-)
Amelia's has turned out to be just the same as Cyd. She cried (:-(), got her sucker and was over it in 5 minutes. I haven't seen her touch them since. End of story. So, yes, I'm glad I did it again and she looks oh-so cute in them!
Not that I needed to explain myself... but, I guess I'm feeling guilty! ;-) haha

No comments: