Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Florida!!

Well, our first family vacation of 5 is in the books!  We had an awesome time and learned a few things along the way!  One being, don't take four kids, four and under, to a restaurant around their bedtime...  even on vacation!  It took us two times for it to sink in and boy, did we learn the hard way! :)  By the end of the week, we also had our 'game plan' down pat for setting up and tearing down all of our stuff on the beach.  We are pro's. :)

Actually, we loved it so much, that we have a '3 year' plan to move down there!  Whether we do it or not, we're going to have all our ducks in a row to be able to make a decision without the worry of debt.  :)  Eek!  I'm so excited!  We've always talked and dreamed about living on/near the beach and I can't believe it could be a reality!  

We made a quick detour on our way down to visit the Jones'!  LOVED our time with them and we adore their sweet kiddo's!

Sister had a love/hate relationship with the ocean.  By the last day though, she was out with her sister jumping the waves! :)

Yes, those are my girls in there and I still CAN'T believe they actually did it!  They aired those balls up with an outside 'blower'!  So, they had to sit in a deflated ball while it was airing up and it was LOUD and I was proud!  Just a little thing to show me how brave they are! :)

Our transportation for the week! :)

The first time at the beach.  Everyone loved it!  Especially, Eli!

Shell/dolphin cruise.

Our last night.  :(

So, while we were gone, Lola the fish went to be with Jesus.  We decided against trying to get a replacement fish and fool the girls, so we broke the news as we were driving into Indiana.  Amelia didn't take it too well...  :(  Good news is...  She's over it now.  haha



I fell in love with this Chick all over again down there. 
 She had an absolute BALL, was so brave and was game for anything, anytime.

Poor Amelia...  :)
Don't worry, I got a get a picture of her as the mermaid too!

I adore this picture...  
Unfortunantly, I know what was truly going on!  Let's just say, Amelia wasn't very happy at this moment. :)

Somehow, I took around 400 pictures, so you obviously got a little snippet of our vacation.  These all are actually from my phone!  But, I'm so glad we took the plunge and went on this vacation.  I was so scared how my kids would do at this age and if it would be worth it...  And, Cyd's experience alone was worth it and then some! We thought Eli was going to be our wild card, but he was a TROOPER!  He loved it!  Amelia was the iffy one.  She wanted to be held quite a bit in the ocean and was a bit moody, but in her defense, her two top molars were trudging through regardless of the fact that we were on vacay!  :)  I can't wait to see her when she's 100%!

That's about it!  Much Love and Happy Friday!!!

2 comments:

Brooke said...

We were so happy to see you!! Really ... maybe moving? I am all about a friend at the beach :)

Jill said...

Looks like a great trip! We were nervous about traveling with little ones, too but it was fine! Very exciting to think about living on the beach. . .:)